You’ve heard about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and how it can boost your website’s visibility. But where do you start? So first you need to understand the basic foundation, and Let’s break it down in simple terms, I am trying to use everyday examples to help you understand the SEO foundation.
Keywords: The Building Blocks
Keywords are like the words you type into a search bar when looking for something online. For instance, if you’re searching for “best chocolate chip cookie recipe” those words are keywords. So first you need to find the keywords for your business, and it should be logical like if you are a user what you will type in search bar. In SEO:
- Keyword Research: Keyword Research is the most important part of whole SEO, growth of your company will depend on this, Imagine you have a bakery shop, so for your business you need to know what kind of cookies, cakes people want, what they will type in Google Search bar to find your cake shop, you can also take the help of tools like Google’s Keyword Planner, it’ll help you to find popular keywords related to your website’s topic.
- Using Keywords: It should be natural, it should not look like that you have inserted the keywords just to rank your website, Google bots understand your industry and they have synonyms of all the words, so be organic.
Example: If “best chocolate chip cookie recipe” is your keyword, use it in your blog post title and throughout the article.
On-Page SEO: Structuring Your Recipe
You need to summarise your complete page content, so when bots will come to your website through this they will understand what page is this, Imagine your website is like a cookbook, and each page is a different recipe. On-page SEO is about making those recipes look good and be easy to follow:
- Title Tags: These are like your recipe titles. They should be clear and enticing, just like “Grandma’s Secret Chocolate Chip Cookies.”
- Meta Descriptions: Think of these as your cookbook blurbs. They give a sneak peek of what to expect when someone clicks on your recipe.
Example: For the chocolate chip cookie recipe, your title tag could be “The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe,” and your meta description might say, “Crispy edges, gooey centers – discover the ultimate chocolate chip cookie.”
Technical SEO: Behind-the-Scenes Work
Your website should be user friendly, because at the end we are trying o rank our website to get user, so when will come to your website, now if your website will be user friendly so it will convert this user into customer. User friendly means, design should be neat and clean, all page would have relevant and informational content, Mobile responsive, speed should be good etc. This part is like making sure your kitchen is well-organized and everything is in its right place:
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Ensure your website looks good on both big computer screens and small phone screens.
- Page Speed: Make your pages load quickly, just like you want your cookies to bake fast.
Example: Use a tool like Google PageSpeed Insights to check and improve your website’s loading speed.
Quality Content: The Main Ingredient
Your content is like the recipe itself. It needs to be high-quality and satisfy your audience, It should be unique, human written, should be informative and easy to understand. When you create your content so you should think about all your users, how it will interesting and information to read, because after reading your quality content user will fill your inquiry form, or he will contact you.
- Content Relevance: Make sure your recipe (content) matches what your audience is looking for.
- Freshness: Like a chef updating the menu, regularly update your content to keep it relevant.
Example: If you’re writing about chocolate chip cookies, include step-by-step instructions, ingredients, and baking tips.
Building a strong SEO foundation is like perfecting a cookie recipe. It takes time, practice, and a bit of experimenting. Remember, SEO is an ongoing process, and as you make improvements, your website will rise in the search rankings, just like your cookies will become everyone’s favorite treat.